Thanksgiving is finally here! In addition to watching the Macy's Day Parade, spending quality time with family and maybe viewing a little American football, Thanksgiving brings on yummy food and plenty of overeating. Cheers to that!
While this is such a wonderful, happy holiday, planning can get to be pretty darn stressful. So here are some of our tried and true, last minute tips from around the web.
1. How to Properly Set the Table (with some extra pizzazz)
A fabulous table is a great conversation starter and it sets the tone for the party. Here is a helpful photo to use for a quick reference on how to set a formal table.
Azulina Tip: Mixing and matching flatware and glassware is on trend -- so don't be afraid to mix your collections.
And how about the napkin? Folded? Napkin ring? Here is a Napkin Folding Guide for easy instructions.
Azulina Tip: Freshly pressed linen hemstitch napkins work great.
Also, use color on your table! It's the holidays, so it is time to be cheerful. Obviously, our favorites are the Rojo Collection for a traditional table, and for something more contemporary, check out the Clásico Collection.
2. Don't Forget the Little Things
Food is cooking - check. Table is set - check. Something extra? Only if you have time!
We love to serve rosemary cashews during the holidays. Not only does it make your home smell yummy, they taste amazing and are super easy to prepare (Ina Garten recipe).
3. How to Make a Small Space Work
Let's be honest, if you live in a small space, it can be a unique challenge to imagine where you are going to host your group.
Don't worry -- there is plenty of room. You just need to get creative.
4. We Have a Turkey Emergency
In case of a turkey emergency -- be sure to have a doctor on call! Thanks to Butterball's Turkey Talk-Line, turkey experts are ready and waiting to answer all your turkey questions.
TURKEY TALK-LINE® -- Call 1-800-BUTTERBALL for expert answers with a great attitude:
Nov. 26 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Nov. 27 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Thanksgiving 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
*Above times are EST.
And if all else fails, go with Plan B.
5. Everything but the Turkey
If you are still hunting for extra things to do, fluff or cook, take a look at these links:
- Start your Thanksgiving day off with a 1K, 5K or 10K - it's Turkey Trot time! There are many local options, and often you can register the day of the event.
- Need something for the kids? Check out these 24 ideas on crafts, projects and activities for Thanksgiving.
- Don't make it all work and no play. Here are 15 tips on How to make Thanksgiving Easier.
- Don't forget the pie!
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours.