In the spirit of Thanksgiving, the holiday that celebrates giving and sharing, I wanted to share 30 things that I am thankful for this year.
Above all, I want to express how grateful I am for you and your support. We are well into our first year as a thriving business and are so happy to have you to share our journey with.
I am grateful for...
- My Family: Mommy, Daddy, Becca and Jimbo. Thank you for being my inspiration and support.
- Vonage. I have a Houston phone number that rings to my desk in Bogotá.
- The women artisans responsible for hand-painting each and every Azulina product.
- Roses year-round for $5 a dozen.
- Masa. Bogota's best pain au chocolat.
- A nice (big) glass of red wine.
- Breed & Co. in Austin, Texas, our first retail buyer.
- Urban Station, our creative work space in Bogotá.
- My amazing friends and their families...from DC to Austin to Chicago to Atlanta. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- Ugg boots. They will never, ever go out of style in my book.
- Roberto, the love of my life. Te amo.
- United Airlines. They get me to Houston in less than 5 hours. Boom.
- Bright, happy colors!
- Ms. Whitney Russell. My saving grace and Azulina's first hire. And she's Texan!
- Being fluent in Spanish.
- Uber. It has made traveling around Bogota safe and effortless.
- The Colombian national football team. Vamos a Brasil!!!
- Bob Cassmeyer and team, our Dallas-based sales representatives.
- The American Women's Club of Bogotá.
- Mascot Michael. Whitney's gorgeous little Gerber baby and the star of #mascotmondays.
- Being American.
- Being a Colombian resident.
- The García family, mi familia colombiana.
- Global Entry. Adios Customs lines!
- Delta Gamma. The most supportive and inspiring women I've ever met. And Azulina's largest customer base!
- Cranberry Sauce. The cheap gelatin kind that goes from can to table.
- Our shipping and fulfillment team in New York who ship Azulina products in less than 24 hours.
- My dad's identical twin brother, Bob. My #1 cheerleader and advice-giver. He's also a little crazy.
- My espresso machine.
Have a great week.
Con Mucho Amor,
Founder, Azulina Ceramics